A 40-year-old woman and her son were killed in a fire incident in Mukuru slums, Nairobi.
Phires Mokeira and her seven-year-old boy died over the weekend after a fire swept through structures in the slum.
At least five families were left homeless.
The two were in their house when the fire suspected to have been caused by a cooking gas cylinder broke out.
Police said residents of Vietnam struggled to contain the spread of the fire before they discovered the remains of the two.
The bodies were removed to the mortuary pending further investigation.
Those whose structures were flattened have asked for help to reconstruct them.
Cases of fire incidents have been on the rise in informal settlements.
Elsewhere, dozens of children at an orphanage home in Umoja escaped death by whisker following a fire incident.
The fire broke out at Good Hope Markazil Banati Children Orphanage Centre on Friday night, from the second floor of a structure.
It was however contained in time.
Covering news about Eastlands especially Umoja, Kayole and Buruburu estates